ECHO is seeking a Seed Bank Manager.
Purpose: To provide ECHO’s network of development workers with access to trial quantities of high quality seeds of promising and often underutilized food plants. The Seed Bank Manager oversees daily operations of the seed bank including the collection, extraction, sorting, cleaning, storing, and distribution of seed to the ECHO network.
Essential duties (not exhaustive):
- Provide guidance to interns and volunteers as they carry out tasks such as testing seed germination, monitoring inventory, filling seed packets, and processing seed requests.
- Respond to seed requests and inquiries received through the Seed Bank’s telephone or email address.
- Work with Farm Manager in planning seasonal grow outs of seed.
- Oversee use of the seed bank growout area; will require time outdoors.
- Submit regular updates to churches supporting the Seed Bank Manager position.
- Must have good organizational, verbal, written, and supervisory skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge in word processing and database (e.g. Excel/Access) systems.
- Ability to work independently, but in consort with other staff members and volunteers.
- Ability to implement and follow through on matters of policy and program while handling repetitive or sporadic detail in an effective and timely fashion.
- Must subscribe to the ECHO Statement of Faith and possess character traits consistent with ECHO’s core values.
Education and/or Experience
This is a manager-level exempt position with benefits. This position typically requires a college degree in an agriculture-related field. International experience is preferred.
For consideration, please email your resume with cover letter to Tim Motis, Director of Agricultural Technical Resources Dept at firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to his attention at 17391 Durrance Rd, N. Fort Myers, FL 33917 or fax (239) 567-3345.