Educational Concerns For Hunger Organization
What We Do
Education and Training
Courses and Workshops
Global Farm Tours
ECHO's Tropical Fruit Nursery
Sign Up for E-Newsletter
World Hunger Resources
Find Agricultural Information
International Agricultural Work
Conferences and Symposiums
Community Garden Assistance
Work Team Application
Ambassador Response Form
Request ECHO Speaker
Strategic Partnership Request
Board of Directors
Read ECHO News
EDN 100 Farming and Gardening Techniques
ECHO Development Notes 100
Farming and Gardening Techniques
Perspectives and Insights
Services ECHO Offers
Underutilized Food Plants
Plants for Difficult Conditions
Books and Other Resources
Crop Protection and Seed Saving
Amaranth to Zai Holes
ECHO Development Notes
ECHO Technical Notes
• Above-ground or Rooftop Gardens
• Develop your own corn (maize) variety.
• Dryland Farming
• Experimentation as a way to reach beyond our immediate situation.
• Farming God's Way (FGW)
• Forage banks for animal production.
• Fruit for every season.
• Getting a handle on organic fertilizers.
• Green manure/cover crops (gm/cc)
• Helpful insights on sawing lumber from tropical trees.
• Impressive reforestation by taking advantage of the "Underground Forest."
• Is alley cropping right for your situation?
• Make your own salt block for livestock.
• Making bone meal fertilizer.
• Micro-placement of fertilizer to dramatically increase yields with less fertilizer.
• Mud dip for roots when transplanting.
• SALT (Sloping Agricultural Land Technology) with emphasis on forage and animal production.
• Small-scale nurseries to contribute to agriculture transformation on the small-scale farm.
• Sweet potato yield as influenced by intercropping.
• System of Rice Intensification
• The Importance of Mulch
• When tomatoes fail to set fruit or form large fruits.
17391 Durrance Road
N. Fort Myers, FL 33917
© 2009 ECHO