Each staff member at ECHO is asked to sign ECHO’s Statement of Faith or The Apostles Creed. ECHO does not require those who use our services to ascribe to this Statement of Faith
ECHO’S STATEMENT OF FAITH
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only reliable, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His present rule as Head of the Church.
• We believe in the salvation through God’s grace of all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone.
• We believe in the indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, by which the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe in the future personal return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection of both the repentant and unrepentant who will be judged by Jesus with justice and mercy; for those who are repentant unto the resurrection of eternal life and those who are unrepentant unto eternal condemnation.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ with equality across racial, gender and class differences.
• I understand and can support ECHO’s Statement of Faith.
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.